Untitled Basic Web Content
Sights visited on the Old Course include very rare and ancient trees such as the critically endangered Chinese Swamp Cypress, the Club’s Butterfly Garden and a grade III historic building – the Old Course Halfway House.
Address: Lot No. 1 Fan Kam Road, Sheung Shui, New Territories, Hong Kong.
Fee: Free (HK$50 tour fee waived during promotion period)
Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Conditions for participation
- Participants must hold a Hong Kong Identity Card.
- The applicant must be aged 18 or above and may register up to three companions, who must be aged 5 or above.
- Each Hong Kong resident can participate once within 3 months. After participating in an event, participant can participate again after 3 months, based on the date of the event.
Points of InterestButterfly Garden
Larval and nectar plants have been specially planted to encourage butterfly species to thrive. Nearly half of the 240 butterfly species found in Hong Kong have been recorded at the Club, including the rare and protected Golden and Common Birdwing butterflies.
Fanling is home to a great many trees that date back well over a century, including particularly fine examples of Banyan and Camphor species.
African Sulcata Tortoise Area
The Club looks after three adopted African Sulcata Tortoises, providing them with a specially designed home for them to prosper.
Wild Chinese Swamp Cypress Grove
According to the IUCN, there are fewer than 250 of these trees remaining in the world, 38 of which can be found on the Old Course. These critically-endangered species pre-date the golf course and are up to 220 years of age.
A grade III historic building constructed in 1916, it adopts a roof design often found in ancient Chinese royal buildings. The porcelain decoration on the roof ridge is extremely rare.
Of the many graves found on the Old Course, the tour visits a Ming dynasty-era tomb belonging to the Tang clan, which dates back more than 460 years.
How To Get There
At Sheung Shui station, take bus no 77K to golf club;
Or by taxi about 7 minutes away;
Or walk about 20 minutes away;
*Participants who want to drive to the golf club must provide their license plate number when registering online to enjoy free parking. Each group of participant can only register one license plate number.
*Unregistered vehicles are not allowed to park.
Anti-Pandemic Precautionary Measures
- Participants are required to fulfil the Vaccine Pass requirement upon entry.
- Participants are required to scan the LeaveHomeSafe QR code and present their vaccination requirement of the Vaccine Pass / COVID-19 Vaccination Medical Exemption Certificate with a QR code for scanning upon entry.
- All visitors are required to wear masks at the Club.
Date and time of the tours in November and December29 November 2022 (Tuesday) 15:00-16:30
6 December 2022 (Tuesday) 15:00-16:30
11 December 2022 (Sunday) 15:00-16:30
18 December 2022 (Sunday) 15:00-16:30
20 December 2022 (Tuesday) 15:00-16:30
Please click on the link below for registration.
ContactFor any enquiries, please Whatsapp to 6058 8339 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For group application (e.g. schools, tertiary institutions, universities, associations and organisations), please click here to fill in the form, and we will contact you soon.